View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 23
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny View Post
Have you seen the lead story on the PDGA web site about Super Class Discs? http://www.pdga.com

It appears the PDGA wants to encourage the use of regular old catch frisbees for disc golf. Retro disc golf I guess.

The logic the PDGA cites for this idea makes sense and I will probably give it a try; but I remember the old days of playing target golf with yard frisbees and I don't think I really want to go back.

There's a local course in my town that's probably perfect for playing with catch frisbees. OK - it would be a new challenge, but so what? Why give up the advances in disc technology the last 25 years just because the new discs make older courses easier? Is there really a problem that needs to be fixed when advanced players regularly shoot 4-5 under on a course?

Any opinions about this?
I dont think they are giving up the technology advances of the last 25 years. Its just a different type of tournament for peolpe to play. For some people who grew up playing with frisbees its a fun reminiscent way to play. Ive seen some local tournaments that are for "lids" only. I dont think it will take away from the sport, actually I think it will be fun.