Old 09-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 482 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Thoughts on the Envy/Tomb/Pure fight happening in your bag this season?
Well, I think it’s “settled.” May have been a different story if I got my hands on one of the Opto-x pures that sold out in 2 seconds...

What it’s come down to:

- Pure is too flippy (even Opto). Great when released on hyzer, goes straight for days, but doesn’t fit my style. I like to throw flat, use the angles. And I’m not the best at powering down effectively. The pure would probably help me, as it is a good “barometer” disc, but... I’m comfortable where I’m at.

- Envy in premium is more OS than I want, although it’s a great disc for one disc rounds, maybe even a small bag setup. Electron might be fine, but I like to ‘throw’ premium plastic discs, so there’s that.

- Tomb naturally fits in the middle of the pure and envy, with an ice shallow feel straight flight (when released flat) and gentle fade. I wish that the S line was a little stiffer, but the c blend is good.

They’re all a little quicker, but I like that cuz the truth is also a bit quicker for a mid.

(TLDR) So, for now I am sticking with the tomb. Fits my game. Fits my bag. Zone/Tomb FTW.

Niced: (1)