Thread: [Dynamic] Getaway
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 23 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I've got a Biofuzion 166g in the bag most days and also have a Lucid and heavier Bio, as well. Feels like an Escape with a higher PLH, and flies like an overstable Escape or a Thunderbird, depending on your frame of reference. Definitely a different feel than a Felon. It's a very nice disc, especially after it beats in some. Mine has lost some HSS but still has all of its LSS; I literally have never turned it all the way over, even when throwing hard and into the wind. Granted, it has so much glide that it's really tough to control in a firm headwind or right to left crosswind, but it's not going to flip over on you either.

I throw a Felon for controlled hyzers and when the wind picks up, so that I can capitalize on its relative lack of glide. I throw Escapes as my workhorse fairways. The Getaway comes out when I'm afraid I might flip an Escape, but I need more distance than a Felon.
Agreed. Excellent analysis!

I throw 166g BioFuzion Getaways as OS complements to 166g BioFuzion Escapes. Once the Getaway beats in, it flies very much like an "Escape Pro", straight with a solid fade. Keep a Felon like (low glide) disc for the wind, cause the Getaway glides so nice...

Niced: (1)