View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 02:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 32 Times in 27 Posts

I have a bunch of Gladiators in Opto, Recycled and GL

none of my Opto Gladiators are flat. They all have a decent / reasonable dome. Nothing massive.

I'm surprised they have a flat run. As an aside I had a Star Shryke (Shrykes are quite domey) get absolutely squished by Canada Post after it was mailed back to me. It flies like a Firebird now. I'm not sure it will stay in the bag as I don't know if I could truly trust it in head winds (cause it is a Shryke).

I have a "First Run" Gold Line (the Feldberg GBO release with the Gorilla image). This disc is domey. It is VERY overstable. I struggle to throw it. The Promo release Opto version, as stable as that run is, is easier to throw.

Some of the Decodye for the Next Gen series are flatter gold lines. I find them to not have glide, turn with some anyhyzer and have a dumpy fade. For me these are not great Gladiators.

Some of the best Gladiators I have found are actually the 168-170 Optos with a reasonable dome. Still very overstable but have somewhat decent glide.

Consider trying the Recylced. Give them a bit of seasoning. The grip is great. They have better glide. Very useable.

Last edited by ManU; 04-08-2019 at 02:42 PM.