View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 12:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 458 Times in 310 Posts

Amber plastic is a HUGE success! Exactly what I've been looking for. I played a 48 hole tourney yesterday in a fairly wooded course. I was able to rep RDG quite a bit, but didn't bag the Raptor or Ptero because they are just to soft for my liking. I got home at 9pm to see a USPS package from RDG. So excite!

It was to late this morning, but I grabbed the Amber Ptero and Raptor for some test runs. First off, the Raptor is much flatter, quite firm, and has a sandy grip. My first rip was a full power backhand spike hyzer, 300' hole around trees and way left. I totally missed my line, but the Raptor did just what it was supposed to and didn't even hint at flattening out under power. It just held the hyzer line, then faded into a tombstone a bit short of the basket (like I said, missed my line)

A few more throws I can truly trust this disc for exactly what I want it to do. More than just utility, it's a great flyer that will run flat for 80% of it's flight before hooking up with a vengeance! What's better, as someone with a rough forehand game (been working hard on it lately) the Raptor handles my OATs like Quaker! I rarely use a forehand shot - only about 4 times yesterday on a course that's split 50/50 left or right doglegs - but I'm certain the Raptor will save me some strokes. Rides the line you release on, hooks up, flips right, and skips like a monster! I'm excited for this release! Yet another winner from RDG.