View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
lol...I feel like I've seen you explain this SOOOOO many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
you guys are reading way too much into all this. its interesting to know but you shouldn't dwell so much on it. if you fill your head with all this non-sense eventually you wont be able to just play the game. this is the same as the color argument. go out and throw instead of searching through disc after disc and driving miles away. your time will be better spent.
But these things do make a difference for people that like to receive the same disc that they had previously. I'm not a pro by any means, but even I've been able to tell when a replacement disc doesn't have the same properties as what I was looking for...or when I've bought 2 discs so that I could have an identical back up and one flies differently than the other. By looking at the PLH you have a better chance of ending up with what you want. One of the biggest parts of DG is consistency... It's pretty hard to be consistent if you can't get a disc that has the same flight characteristics as what you've spent several months/years practicing with.