Old 09-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 77 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
To be fair, a Dart is pretty unique compared to most putters. Both in hand feel, and how floaty and undestable they can be. I agree that I would have less confidence of myself on release, and less confidence in hand feel in putting with something like the Dart all the time.

If your benchmark is an Aviar instead, then most other putters are small variations on that. So I have no doubt that moving to Aviars/Wardens was a big change and likely very positive. And any change after being used to those, is likely just fine tuning what you prefer.

Of course then there's also the class of shallower putters that are on the opposite side of the Aviar from the Dart, that tend to do better for more aggressive spin putters.
I'm sure the Dart isn't bad. I think what improved my putting the most wasn't the discs themselves, but buying 3 of a similar mold which made practicing more fun and effective. And like you said, the Maiden isn't THAT different, just a fine tweak. If I went back to the Dart, would I have just as much success at putting? Maybe... But why mess with it? why not trade it in for another Maiden

Niced: (1)