View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 10:14 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 866 Times in 720 Posts

I am for the Public Pay to play as in a county or state park in the USA. These courses are often some of the best I have played in the USA, having concrete tee pad or other style if concrete will not work, good baskets that are maintained or in some cases replaced when needed yet the income from the place unlike in some private courses/private Ski place with disc golf s is not just the disc golf part funding the course, rather the whole park funds come from everything and a slice as needed is used for disc golf in the County or State Park, also often the park wants the parts trimmed to keep the park looking nicer so people come back unless the park is supposed to be wild/rustic. Also the fee is enough to keep out some people from the park, most but not all and in my experience that is about 80%. Also the park can ban people easier then a free park as people are watching the entrance and might have names of people ban from the park for __ time or life.

Free public courses can be nice too if a club is helping maintain parts of the course that the city will not, like basket maintenance, course trimming, and sign fixing as often a city park wants to if the city can afford it keep the park mowed and grass watered.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 09-30-2019 at 10:18 PM.