Old 11-01-2019, 11:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 330
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,394 Times in 1,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 View Post
I wish that if someone's thumb-down count was lower than their thumb-up count, that their reviews wouldn't get factored into the course rating. or perhaps use unique voter thumb ups vs unique voter thumb downs.
I'm of the opinion that any review that hits manages to get 10 thumbs, and 8 of them are gets trashed. That's a pretty overwhelming majority, and provides plenty of space for different minded reviews (that will almost certainly get their share of negative votes, but will also receive some positives... hence should never get too close to 80% unhelpful) to survive.

It's not easy to collect 10 votes on a review for a course that's not well known.
However, if you can manage that feat and 8 of them say a review isn't helpful... obviously, that review isn't helpful, and people have spoken.

That doesn't necessarily mean the reviewer hasn't written (or can't write) a helpful review.
I don't see why each review shouldn't be considered individually, regardless of the member that wrote it. I don't care if you're a Diamond TR, Tim, or someone who created their account that day. If you write a bunch of meaningless tripe, and 8/10 people think it holds no merit, off to the compost heap with it.

It's quite possible to write funny, entertaining reviews that say something. But if all you want to is get laughs, do it in the forums.

/rant about reviews that are as useless as GoreTex Flip-Flops

Niced: (1)