Old 11-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 335 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I hate I've never commented in your thread before as we are both middling MA2s

And sorry if this has been answered previously, but I haven't read through the thread and these are just my thoughts:

Isn't there a lot of overlap between D1s, Wraiths and a Starfire? Same question with H1/Trident. Have you tried the PA3 for throwing...seems alot of Prodigy guys like putting and throwing that mold. Having thrown the Stego and Breaker...I can see why you'd bag both so not going to go there.
There is definitely some overlap. I could absolutely throw in a Glow or MF Wraith and go with an all Wraith line-up; but I'd be losing 10-15 feet on pure distance drives.

The flip side of that is that wider discs are way more speed sensitive and have more fade. I tried other D series for turnovers, but none are as controllable as a beat in Wraith. I also don't have the greatest flick, so the Wraith is kind of the sweet spot for maximum forehand distance.

Starfire is just kind of the unsexy cousin, it's my thunderbird. I'll throw it on sub 400 shots that I can't reach with a fairway, where it's just a straight to fade shot. If a course is well designed IMO, the Starfire doesn't get many throws.

H1 and Firebird are both too overstable for my FH, and get only nominal backhand use. The Trident is really a kind of incomparable disc. It's actually pretty workable, doesn't always have a ton of HSS, even the opto one will turn a little in a headwind. But it's incredibly comfortable for FH, and it has a really far fade. Someone else described it as, the Firebird is OS enough that it flies like a C, where the Trident is mostly biiiiig fade, so it flies like an L.

PA3 is weird, it's deeper than a KC aviar, but the puddle top kills a lot of glide. I can throw it on some lines but I honestly don't like it very much. If I wanted, I'm sure I could kick the Breaker out with a premium PA3, but I've been throwing the Breaker for a couple years and it's one of my favorite molds.

Niced: (1)