View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Edward Medard is definitely a must play, the back 9 especially. Medard was unlike any of the other courses I played on Florida's west coast. Coming from CT Im used to more wooded courses with a decent amount of elevation change, EM had both, with a good mix of more open holes also. I imagine the bugs are pretty bad in the summer though, as their are some swampy areas, I was there in december so they werent to bad.

Tocobaga is a nice course right on the water, but really without any serious water hazards, which I liked, no one likes burying their discs at sea.

I got to see Cliff Stephens park, but unfortunately didnt get to play it. Lots of water hazards, and I heard they just pulled a gator from one of the ponds, which is cool. haha.

Bonita Springs has an interesting course. It weaves between and around baseball fields, and was a bit confusing for a first timer. Its close to a road(not that busy) and parking lots so you have to be careful of cars. An ok course, but not remarkable by any means. As a plus, the community center in the park sells innova discs.

North Water Tower Park was one of my favorites, nice foliage, the layout was easy to follow. Im not familiar with sarasota neighborhoods, but it seemed nice enough.