Old 07-12-2008, 12:25 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,048 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikedoctor View Post
Three putt .... I'm sorry to say this ... but you're addicted to the Roc ....
I'm not really. I know a lot of guys who have a blind allegiance to Innova and the Roc. I happen to think there are a LOT of good mid-range discs out there that you can do fine with. Just for me personally, I keep going back to the Roc.

When I started playing seriously I used a Lightning disc called the Spitfire for my mid...I think it is the # 3 Flyer now. Anyway I used those for several years. The first Innova mid I threw for a full season was the Hammer. I threw Hawks long enough that there is a guy around here that still calls me "Hawkman." (Nobody ever called me "Rocman.") I also used Comets for two or three years. I like the Discraft Buzzz a lot, I just have so many Rocs at this point it would not be cost effective to switch. As recently as this spring I had Sentinels in my bag for overstable mid shots, but I recently went up on the weight of my Rocs and that has helped ease the Sentinel back out of the bag. So I've thrown a lot of mids. I like a lot of the mids I've thrown. I could recommend a Buzzz/Wasp combo or an Aurora MS/Sentinel MF combo to you and feel like I gave you good advise.

The difference is that those are two discs. With the Roc, you can throw one disc and cover the whole spectrum of shots. That's the big thing for me. Once you have that beat-up turnover Roc you know and trust that disc, because that sucker started as your beefy overstable pig Roc you will have thrown it thousands of times to get it to that "fliipy good" point. I have not found another disc that you can do that with.