Old 09-06-2019, 04:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 137 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBMeistor View Post
I think Brodyseus did a few years ago, if he is still around to talk about em. (unless of course I'm confusing him with someone else).

I have a few PFN pat# in the good ole dx that I'm likely getting rid of with my champs pretty soon.
I did give them a try.

I should preface this with the fact that I love DX. DX Teebirds, Leopards, Valkyries, Rocs, Eagles... the DX versions are the best versions.

DX Banshees were a different beast. Typically DX will lose some fade, then develop some turn, all the while developing crazy glide. And DX typically doesn't beat as fast as most people think. But DX Banshees beat much faster (than say a DX Teebird) and the lost fade and started turning at the same time. This made for some unique flight paths, because even though they lost fade, they still always finished. Flew Eagle type flex lines. But they never seemed to develop really any extra glide.

I should note this was a small sample size and it was two+ years ago I did this. I was playing much less, so even though I tried DX Banshees for most of the season, I really only put significant wear on three.

So I was not impressed. Champ Banshees are the best Banshees in my opinion. I've since moved away from Banshees, as it is so easy to find Teebirds that fly basically like Banshees nowadays.