Thread: [Putters] Kastaplast Reko
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 539 Times in 212 Posts

I was able to get my hands on a Reko this week and I have to say that I am pretty impressed.
It takes a lot to WOW me in the world of PnA's today just because there are so many strong offerings being produced today. Every company seemingly has fantastic driving putters, chains smashers and wind beaters.

Kastaplast already has the Berg as a very popular disc so the Reko has a tough mountain to climb to rise to the forefront.

As Mulligan previously stated, the Reko isn't a reinvention of the wheel like the Berg. It is very similar to a small bead Aviar in nose shape. That said, the Reko does feel a lot more compact than an Aviar and I think this is what helps in amking the Reko a desirable disc.

The slight puddle top, low profile wing has me thinking Fossil Fuel Wizard right away. It is definitely more low profile than your average putter. In the hand it feels small, fast and intimate. I love a putter that has a dipped flight plate because I feel like I can get a more confident feel between my fingers. The Reko fits the bill here perfectly.

Off the tee you will find the Reko to be less stable than a Wizard. The microbead does just enough to stabilize the flight without resulting in much of a fade. 200-250 ft. ropes are easy to achieve with the nice glide and neutral stability.
Given hyzer, it will hold the line with some mild flip
Given anhyzer, it will hold the line while drifting slowly back to level when given enough height.
Throw straight, you will see a beautiful line drive flight pattern.

All in all the Reko is a fantastic, albeit "safe", PnA offering from Kastaplast.
Where the Berg shines in unique flair, the Reko is equally exciting in a modern take on a classic design.
Pick up the Reko if you want a low profile, micro-beaded putter that flies great off the tee or into the chains.