View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 10:21 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 18 Times in 17 Posts

Don't restart from the ground up. You are in a great place to begin making incremental changes. It takes time and a lot of practice and patience but if you are persistent you will slowly get there.

The thing that stands out to me is that you are opening before your plant. You want to go into your plant in a more closed position, using your weight shift into the plant foot to drive your hips from closed to open from the ground up. See attached images of you immediately before and at plant -- note the position of your hips, your front foot, and your left shoulder. Compare to the screenshot of the pros the moment they plant -- hip is closed, left shoulder is still back, lead foot is still ~facing camera. Don't focus too much on those particular features, just use them as a guide to understand what it feels like to plant in a more closed stance. I might start by planting with your front foot a little closer to the camera -- try filming yourself from behind and watching films of pros from behind to see what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 9.14.37 AM.jpg (119.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 9.13.36 AM.jpg (70.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 9.14.05 AM.jpg (75.0 KB, 14 views)

Niced: (2)