View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 09:53 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 379 Times in 214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceface59 View Post
The threads in the Discs section on the then-upcoming new Innova Destroyer were fun to read.
Still paging through some of these, it's incredibly fun. Seems like there was a lot of positivity early, and it's cool to see that it exploded after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Welcome. Make sure you learn the secret DGCR handshake.
Thanks! Awaiting my initiation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
This is a good place for disc golf, for sure. Welcome!

Alongside the 200' upshots, make sure to develop a serviceable forehand in a similar range.
I still play the most rounds on the short tees nearby (mostly ~200-250' holes) because I figure until I'm birdieing every one of them all the time, I have a long way to go. I only throw fairly neutral putters and mids on these shots. I'm starting to get decent C1 accuracy on different lines, but my putting isn't converting past 20'. When I putt, I've started to notice that if I let my arm dangle and feel the weight of the disc as if I was throwing a bean bag, I have more control and my swing is getting more consistent. But I'm still not sinking them as often on the course. I always appreciate any insights here. Putting is hard!

For forehands, I have a few Buzzzes and Undertakers (and already love them for BH). Any favorite resources for newbie FH advice to get up to 200' safely w/ good technique? I have a minor shoulder issue and I want to take it slow. I've seen the Stokeley vids, Ulibarri, and similar, but I really need help as someone who never learned to throw a sidearm baseball or similar technique properly. I always feel like my lower and upper body aren't connected and it puts weird torque on my body. Can move it to a form review once I get a bit underway w/ beginner best practices.