View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Just got SOOO lucky!

Played a round with a friend tonight, finished right at 6:30pm. I was supposed to meet my wife close by at 7:00 so I decided to play a partial round real fast so I didn't use my new Nexus 7 tablet for scorekeeping like I usually do, just kept a mental tally as I went.

Ended up playing the whole course anyway and hurried to meet my wife and take my punishment for being late (I was having a decent round!) Got home and a guy who I had met on the course last week whose number I had saved in my notes app texted me and said someone on the course had called him and said they found my tablet near hole 11! Holy cr@p, I hadn't even noticed it was missing!!! He gave me their number and I called them right away, luckily they were still at the course and said they would wait...

Grabbed my wallet and stack of extra/"need to sell/trade" discs and busted my butt over to the course. Ended up being a couple of teenage guys, I gave them all the cash I had ($15) and let 'em each pick out a disc (one got a Champ Katana in almost new condition I found a few weeks ago, the other took a Lat64 Core that was also in very nice shape that I just never got a feel for.)

Finding a $15-20 disc and calling is one thing, finding a $230+ tablet and finding the only phone number stored anywhere in it and calling to try and track down the owner!?!??! Above and beyond and kinda restored my faith in humanity a bit...

I've called on every disc I've ever found, including the Champion Boss I found at the other course I played earlier today, meeting him tomorrow to return it!