Old 10-27-2019, 02:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.8
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,891 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pacific View Post
For me the pain wasn't bad at all, and I actually went through the whole process without taking any meds at all. However I was a sore for a few months, and when I was active I would be sore afterwards for about the first 6 months or so.

I would say it took me about a good 8 or so months to recover 100%. Then again I purposely didn't push it and took my time, I'm just a regular guy with a job and not a professional so there was no rush I've got decades of golf for fun ahead of me.

Any reason why your right side needs redone? You mentioned "this time" inferring you didn't take much time off last time? Are you a professional player?

For me I was way too beat up and sore to even think about playing after 4 weeks, heck even 8 weeks. I think taking a long recovery period was the best move and intentional on my part, the results speak for themselves though because I'm fully recovered and actually feel even stronger in my core areas than before.

My dr had me doing a lot of deep breathing exercises on this plastic breathing apparatus for the first 30 days. That and short walks around the block was all I did for the first 30 days.

No issues with constipation because I have a Vitamix blender and was living off of fruit smoothies for the first couple weeks to avoid that and it worked like a charm.
It is called and incentive spirometer. The idea being that abdominal surgeries impact your ability to breath deeply and keep your lungs clear of congestion. Those long, slow, deep breaths open your lungs, break up any congestion and maintain a positive air exchange needed to feed cell to facilitate healing. A vital and great tool for any abdominal surgery.

Short term setback for long term benefits. Hope to see ya around some putting leagues this winter, Nick.

Niced: (1)