Thread: [Innova] Anyone use a Banshee?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 12:30 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,803 Times in 1,008 Posts

It's always hard to know with Innova since they have a history of changing molds without saying anything, The Banshee mold might be the same and a run just molded up funny.

There was a run of Rocs 7-8 years ago that freaked everyone out; the rims were plusy and they were really domey. It was right about the same time that the + rims were introduced so the assumption was that they had +ed the Rancho Roc. All I could figure was that they ran a terrible run of domey Rocs. Domey versions of something that shouldn't be that domey seemed to also have plusy feeling rims, kinda the consequence of a run of discs that mold up funny.

With Rocs, by the next year you didn't see many of freaks anymore. Banshees are a low-volume disc so if they ran a crappy run of Champ Banshees they would be around for years, an effect made worse by the fact that people like me are not buying them anymore. It's possible that they could have had a subsequent run that came out flatter with normal feeling rims that are out there.

OR...I could totally wrong and speculating about something I really have no knowledge of. Welcome to the Internet.

Niced: (1)