Old 09-05-2019, 11:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 337 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
The site does that, once a year. A Top-25 for courses, based on reviews in that calendar year.

It's interesting, though you see mostly the same names, shuffled around a bit. You don't see 4.6-rated courses coming out with a 3.3, or vice versa.

I've advocated (dreamed of) a feature where users can parse the reviews with whatever options they want, and create customized Top-10 lists. I gather it's more work than I imagine.
I guess what I am really suggesting is that a "Hot 10" replace the top ten on the home page of the site to take some emphasis off being in the top 10. It would be nice to have different courses highlighted for people who don't do deep dives into the course search function or "More Top Courses" page. My other though is that it might encourage people to continue to review top courses even then they think everything has been said in previous reviews because the older of those reviews won't help keep top courses on the home page. Just a thought. I have no idea if that would work as intended.

Niced: (1)