Old 11-16-2019, 12:32 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 854 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
The Inevitable Someone Gets Their Panties in a Bunch thread...
Well I hope it was the actual Dynamic Disc Bashing and not the reasons why players are leaving Dynamic Disc, I was one to point out why players are leaving Dynamic Discs not bash the company. I was just stating the cult like following to the brand the sponsored players have that are still with the brand, like you have to have that type of devotion or be a big enough star like John E McCray to stay with the brand. The Brand has some Plastic issues but then other brands like Innova the plastic is not consistent for some like both Pro plastics and Star. It seems that Dynamic Discs has/had a full team and as soon as players contracts were up they left.

It seems more and more pro players moving from team to team after a 2-4 year contract is up, fewer and fewer players are willing to stay with a team for a much longer period of time with the Pro players. Before Sponsored Pro players were with a team for most of the players Open carer. I get it some more near top players were sponsored by Disc Companies that were small and want to stay small, others on teams that tried an approach for the marketing by having all the top players on the team and having players for a short period. I think at one point Disc Golf companies tried to grow faster then the sport was growing in part of the 2010's, taking a cue from the early to mid 2000's when Disc Golf was one of the fastest growing sports.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 11-16-2019 at 12:36 AM.