View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Someday....

I just started playing last year . Totally addicted ,played my first tier C last Saturday . Watched as many you tubes as I could to try to learn, watched Disc golf planet tv whenever it was on but was totally bummed that it was payperview. but I did see Friday on my iPad ,free and still haven't figured out why !
Watching Deep In The Game , it was a joke to see Avery driving that piece of crap car ! Is that how a World Champ lives? Really ? Hard to promote when most of us have better rigs to travel to other courses .
I had no idea how little support there is , I prolly don't know about what's really going on behind the scenes. But I would like to say that it would be sad to see Nike, Salomon or any sports monolith whore out the sport . For a sport that costs as little as $10,000 to get people out walking( our little tree course is over 3miles long) , I can't imagine why there isn't more courses . But that's what it's going to take to get people out.
Having said all that, I WILL be at a Worlds someday , to spectate and be able to play a sport beside World Champions. And play the same courses that they play on. I can't wait.....