Thread: 2015 Pro Worlds
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 211
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

The courses that will be used that I know of will be Deer Lakes, Moraine, Knob Hill, and Slippery Rock.

Slippery Rock was just redesigned and had all 18 pins installed a few weeks ago. Rumor has it that another course at a YMCA camp may be used for older divisions.

It would be awesome if Linbrook could get the other 9 holes in, but don't count on it.

The biggest problem fairways at Knob is hole 16 crossing hole 18s fairway is being played from the white tees. This wont be a problem as the blue tees will be played by all divisions (actually a shorter shot that the whites). For the most part, I don't see many problems with people throwing into other fairways except maybe hole 8 throwing into hole 7s. I guess a random shot could find its way into another fairway.

I would stay in the Cranberry Township area where the host hotel is. It is right near Knob, just off of the turnpike (76) to get to Deer Lakes, and just off of 79 to get to Moraine and Slippery Rock. The area has really exploded, so nearly all of the hotels are new. There are multiple extended stay hotels that just opened up that could allow for all the comforts of home.

Ricky has to be the favorite coming in since he has been playing these courses for 5 years now and is the two time defending champion of the PFDO.

The PFDO was an NT in 2011 with the top 5 of Anthon, Wysocki, Doss, Brinster, and Locastro. If I remember the layout correctly, rounds 1 and 2 were at Deer Lakes blues (63 SSA), round 3 was at Moraine golds (66 SSA), and round 4 was at Knob Hill whites (54 SSA).

Deer Lakes blues:

Knob Hill whites:

I can't seem to remember any videos at Moraine

Last edited by joshmo65; 08-18-2014 at 01:15 PM.