Old 08-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 93 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I'd say only partly due to course design. I think the trouble with Worlds in particular (which will be less of one in future with the split) is that because of the range of skills across the divisions and the time crunch involved, some of the courses used by MPO aren't necessarily suited to them. They're perfectly good courses, but better suited for the 940-1000 rated range (which the top FPO players fit into perfectly). So watching the FPO play gives you a better idea of how the course was designed to be played. They're throwing a full complement of shots where the MPOs tend to stick to the hyzer bombs or discing down to mids when most mere mortals would still need a full driver.

Count me disappointed that there isn't an MPM round on the docket for the week. Still fun to see guys like Climo, Schultz, etc play. Oh well, it's going to be fun to watch regardless.
Fair point and I agree. For an event as prestigious as Pro Worlds, they really need to courses tailored to a specific skill-set. This is why I think splitting up Pro Worlds is a good idea.