Old 01-24-2021, 02:48 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,296 Times in 1,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
I probably don't need to go out and buy a complete set today since I still have some old discs lying around. I DO need a company with a good selection across their product line...but that selection doesn't have to be immediately available (and in fact, it may be in my wallet's best interest if I have to do some searching/waiting rather than dumping money on a bunch of discs up front).

For example: I've looked at MVP, Legacy, Daredevil (not exactly tiny, but I want someone with a lineup large enough for me to carry a single brand to start). I can't get a decent set from any of them at the moment, but I can get a disc or two here and there. I have a background in buying/selling sports cards, so definitely an aspect of "the hunt is as much fun as the kill". I have a TERRIBLE time trying to distinguish between "new manufacturer" and "good new manufacturer" though. For example, I look at MVP and think "Ok, more weight to the outside with the double mold...is that gimmicky or is that good?". I want to work toward an AWESOME set, even if it takes longer while I keep playing with my 20-year old DX plastic.
Discraft should still have some of the models you knew from back then in 1990's, one of them being the Magnet, Challenger, or Focus though Pro D is more like softer runs of DX not for drivers, and then the others like The Stalker from 2000 when Z was first on the market.

Others are like Innova might not be a bad option though good luck finding the Classic ROC in anything other then Star is impossible and the XD is only the + mold if those are you putters, they are still trying to push the Aviar molds big both the Ken Climo Big bead and the Standard with small/mini bead being the biggest push. The Gator/no bead Gator as the Cayman are getting used again as OS approach/long putter discs, the ROC still popular as ever especially now a flat top 3 version is out, and then the Rhyno is still a popular approach to long and/or windy putter disc as well just the Champion plastic disc is still as Domed as it was in 2000's I think that is just how the Champion molds up and R-Pro is like the Soft Pro. The Site https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/ and the limited section might have some older molds that sell but not enough to be in full production Like the Pegasus or the Bulldog from 2000.