View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 04:53 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 128 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
Welcome to the site and back to the game!

There's so much more information I could ask for, but I'll just give my 2 cents to answer the question. If you are going to buy some more discs, I would actually buy a couple different discs so you and she can both try them out. What "the right disc" is depends a lot on your form and distance potential. But in general, if you're "getting back into the game" there may be more variation throw to throw than there is between discs. In general, it's probably best to stay with discs that are somewhat neutral to understable, and also with discs that are "lower speed," e.g. speed 6-7 at the highest.

Hope that helps. Most of all, enjoy those outdoors and being on the course!

Agree on getting her something different. I'm getting my wife a couple discs because she's played with me long ago and I'd like to get her into it again a bit. I'll get her a stable midrange and a stable putter...I'll let her pick them out in colors/stamps she finds appealing so that she feels some ownership of it...but I'll also make sure they are discs I don't have and might like to try myself. That way she can try some of mine, i can try hers, and we'll both have a bit more experience with different molds.

If I had more recent experience and more discs, I'll let her try some of mine to see what she liked first and then find those in designs she finds appealing.