Old 03-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorseymatt View Post
Thanks for the thoughts, sir. Unfortunately, that's almost exactly what I do for that grip already. I wonder if this could be a hand size issue (mine are small).
I'm going through the same sort of slump and I've got giant hands, so I don't think that's it.

I feel like I've gotten better the last few rounds, but after a bit of initial success, I've been sky-hyzering at least half of my drives since I've switched from a four-fingered power to the Climo/fork grip. No injuries or anything, just wanted to try something new and maybe get a little more control.

I think it's just that I need to get the release back down to an automatic thing, and in the meantime, I'm overthinking my throw. It seems like I'm not keeping the disc flat as I'm pulling across my chest, and then by the time I'm releasing, I've made an effort to correct and end up lifting my wrist in the process. Other times, I've stayed flat, but then ended up griplocking far-right. When everything works, I do feel like there's some controlled distance being added to my drives, so I think it's worth sticking through the learning curve.