* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Question on the Mystic and Element -

I just picked up an S Mystic on DGC - arrived yesterday. I was looking for a flippy, shot shaping mid for throwing in the woods, and the chubby shape of the wing and excellent Gateway baseline plastic had me excited. Still stoked, but it's pretty shallow, with a decently wide rim for a mid - seems like a true speed 5.

Have not thrown it yet, so hopefully I'll love it. Regarding the Element tho, are they a little deeper and with a more narrow rim the way they look online? Like a more old-school beaded speed 4 mid? That would be the next on the list if I don't jive with the Mystic. The most important thing is that I can get smooth hyzer flips out of it in S line.
I don't have any experience with the Mystic, but I bagged a couple Elements for a short while. I don't think I would call the Element a speed 4. It's fairly shallow and has a pretty sharp rim for a mid. It's definitely a hyzer flip kind of disc although you'll still get some low speed fade out of it.

It was just a little too touchy for me honestly. Throw it just right and it would go really far, approaching fairway driver territory, with a shallow S curve. But don't give it quite enough power and it would hyzer out, and give it too much and it would turn and burn. I'm sure if I had spent enough time with them learning to throw them just right, they would have been useful, but there are lots of other discs that fly more versatile lines and are less touchy.