Old 08-12-2019, 03:04 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 491 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
This all sounds positive, but it does feel less under control. I think that's because it's such a new feeling and it'll feel more and more normal over time (like all things do). However I can see what you mean about the shoulders and arms getting disconnected and "sloshing." Would that manifest as rounding?
It could, but you could also see your weight getting a little behind your intended vertical axis and then pushing past the vertical axis. It can also be seen as UP, DOWN then FORWARD with the down shift - as opposed to UP then DOWN & FORWARD. And then of course you can always have issues with collapsing the frame.

But truthfully, it sounds like you're correcting your "settle" timing and that feels slower than a typical "no-settle" or "too little resistance" throw. In fact, as we've been discussing in couple spots, the pre-backswing move of keeping the disc and shoulders very open seems to help delay that settle timing for me personally, and I am loving the results. It's realistically a change of a hundredth of a second, but what I get is a sensation of an easier reference point of where the momentum is in the frame.

I think SW agrees and promotes this - but having a dynamic system that's in balance is easier to dial into than a tight and precise system. I think once you've totally dialed in your timing, then it's fine to get away from the "free-wheeling" swing, but I'd still argue that GG is the definition of Free-wheeling and PMB is now on the other side of that spectrum.