View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 01:05 AM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.3
Courses Played: 355
Niced 1,604 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
And while I commend Steve West's doing all these graphs and stuff, I am still concerned that a lot of his reasons for doing it is to justify having Par 2s on courses. And I continue to maintain that when a top-tier pro tournament, or anything Tier-C and above, has a Par 2, then DG is finished as a sport to be taken seriously. Par 2 is like setting up the windmills and playing putt-putt. Par 2 = not serious, and not seriously taken, disc golf.
First, thank you.

Second, I would not mind if there were no par 2s at any sanctioned tournament. Just as I wouldn't mind if there were no par 6s. While they both may have something to contribute, they're both not necessary, and I'm not opposing anyone who thinks they are a bad thing to have. However, just like we can't get rid of the par 6s by calling them par 5s, we can't get rid of par 2s by calling them par 3s.

All I want to do is identify them. Those who run the tournaments on courses that have Par 2s can decide if the stigma is worse than setting par too high; and whether avoiding either problem is worth changing the hole.

Niced: (2)