View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 10:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
man...I disagree on so many levels. "It's easy to stand up for those like you." What does that even mean? I could care less what color, race, financial level, etc, someone is, when it comes to standing up for something or some issue. I can stand up for the black community in Chicago (where I was raised) who need help, just as easy as standing up for good people who want to come into our country legally, JUST as easy as I can stand up for the old white guy looking for a job at Walmart because he doesn't have much left after paying his medical bills.

"white guys".. jeesh... What I question is the subliminal response from certain people who feel motivated to publicly announce they're (any color) and go out of their way to let people know...."I'm (any color) but I'm also a good (any color) person". I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, or that you personally are good or bad. What I am saying is, it's ok to be any color and do good things for people of any color, and you can do those good things without addressing the fact publicly that you yourself are that any color. And when you said:

"That is embarrassing to me since I like to think I stand up for others who aren't white and male, like I am."

Is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You could have easily just said "That is embarrassing to me since I like to think I stand up for others." but on a subliminal level you felt the need to publicly let us know you are good person because you stand up for non whites even though you are yourself, a white person. I just don't subscribe to this mindset and I think it's a byproduct of the social state of our current society.

I wonder how we got to the social state we are in? Must have been a bunch of folks taking advantage? Because the only folks who've taken advantage are those other guys.