Old 08-21-2019, 06:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 212
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 286 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Also, what are peoples thoughts of a lot of big tournaments having the last round on Saturday and not Sunday? Im in the train of thought in that it gives people less opportunity to play in these events because those of us with full time jobs cant take the time off of work to play. I would think we are seeing less viewership because of it both in person and online and I would think that it limits the field of play as well. Now I dont think these tournaments have any issue in filling up but it could stop them from future growth. I also know that some tournaments have gone away from Sunday rounds because of religious views which Im not a fan of but I understand.
I also see the reason to have that Sunday as a "buffer day" in case of bad weather late in the event causing the players to not be able to complete it. They can let them know early enough that e'll make up the round we're behind on Sunday. There were several tournaments the first year the pros went the three rounds, 1-a-day, that ended up getting truncated due to the schedule of the last round on Sunday, negating any possibility of making it up.

Niced: (1)