View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 12:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 803 Times in 558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow View Post
Hey while I'm here I just got my ass handed to me in a tournament which cost me the series because it was super windy and my fission photons decided they no longer tolerate headwind. They're def worked in but I've never thrown a regular photon so wondering which plastic /weight will be reliable in a strong headwind without being fireball OS. Also open to other mold suggestions I may not have tried yet. Thanks.
How heavy are your fission photon's? And yes I have had similar issues with my 143's. I bag a Crave and Volt for those days. Last tourney I played in the wind last fall I changed my bag up.. Added the Crave. Then in the spring I played in Gale force winds and there was no saving my round. Ended up underpowering a Mayhem and using the Volt and afterwards bought a heavier proton sparkle Inertia.

Ponder.. If you haven't tried the Crave put one beside your Relay, Neutron or Proton.. I've found they make a tight combo. Volt is also good but it need to go 300ish to be appropriately powered up. Crave can do any distance.