Old 08-27-2019, 12:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 67 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
How heavy are your fission photon's? And yes I have had similar issues with my 143's. I bag a Crave and Volt for those days. Last tourney I played in the wind last fall I changed my bag up.. Added the Crave. Then in the spring I played in Gale force winds and there was no saving my round. Ended up underpowering a Mayhem and using the Volt and afterwards bought a heavier proton sparkle Inertia.

Ponder.. If you haven't tried the Crave put one beside your Relay, Neutron or Proton.. I've found they make a tight combo. Volt is also good but it need to go 300ish to be appropriately powered up. Crave can do any distance.
Right now I'm experimenting with an even more trimmed back lineup which is:

Atom (x3)
Electron medium for putting only
Beat electron firm for US putter/mid (Theory replacement)
Seasoned neutron for straight/stable line-holder (tangent replacement)

Matrix
Proton Max Weight as a workhorse mid + OS putt/approach duties

Relay
Neutron 150 class for US mid and fairway duties + my woods workhorse for FH shot shaping, standstill turnovers, quick thumbers, uphill shots, everything a smooth anny or FH won't hit.

Crave
Plasma 170's Workhorse stable fairway holding lines and straight shots

Inertia x2
Flat seasoned neutron straight turnovers and lazy hyzer flips. Annys that need to hold but flatten a bit. Uphill skip shots.
Domed fresh neutron for long smooth turnovers that need to hold, rollers.

Wrath x2
Proton 166 and 175 for stable/OS ranged shots/hyzers + moderate winds

Fireball
Plasma 168 General OS duties (headwind/skips)

Octane
Seasoned Neutron 169 Wide open holes - pure max distance drives

My Octane will flip at 400'+ of power into anything more than a mild headwind though, so something that will fly a similar line as an octane in 30mph headwinds would be useful to me and pretty much cover everything I could want. Long tailwind bomber can be handled by an excite thrown in the bag or a vanish easily enough or even the fission photons.