View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 09:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 40.5
Courses Played: 1313
Niced 121 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
You're absolutely right: The Valkyrie Kid wrote 154 Reviews (!) on new courses between July 3rd & October 16, 2017. I woudn't be surprised if he easily played 300 different courses this year. Martin Dewgarita played 1000 new courses in a three year span. Pretty sure 54 is just a number that jumped through Guiness' hoops. Heck, folks in a lot of metropolitan areas have 30 to 50 courses 'in town', and if they get bored playing the same places, 50 or 60 unique courses might be a typical year. So, as Reds announcer always says when a guy gets three putouts in an inning, "he ties a record held by thousands!"
I think that 154 was probably close to my yearís total, not many more. Iím pretty sure that others have played more in one year. I guided Ben around two local courses when he was on his one year quest to get to 1000. Did he play 700 that year? Funny thing is, he didnít even bother to record all those courses he played. Man, when I play a course, I want to record it immediately. Itís like I might somehow forget I played it.