View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe59 View Post
I do not see "spin putt" or "push putt" in that glossary...? I am also not familiar with either of those terms.

In any case, I think if you practice enough you will figure out what putting style works best for you -- and in turn which type of putter works for you. I would say profile is more important, and that plastic type doesn't matter very much at all. You want something that feels good in your hand, as to give you confidence -- if you think you're going to make it, you will and vice versa...

In first starting, I used to throw mostly "hyzer putts". I now find that anhyzer putts work better for me -- I throw RHBH, and usually start my disc's flight somewhere out to the left of the basket. At close distances (25 ft. or less) I usually try and "bullet/jam" putt, but for longer putts I generally do the anhyzer thing with some finesse on it, so I don't end up 20+ feet past the basket. I putt with a 174g Soft Magnet, and a 175g Champion Aviar on windy days. For putts over 100 ft. (if you want to call that a putt), I either turn my body 90 degreees away from the basket and use a normal motion or I face straight on and use a jump-putt.

Hope this helps, please clarify spin putts vs. push putts and I may be able to better answer your question.
Take a look at garublador's post here http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...read.php?t=676 He does a good job of describing the difference.