View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 11:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 559 Times in 344 Posts
Default What do you use for grip?

Its that time of year where getting a good, clean grip on my drives becomes a bigger issue.

Right now my current arsenal is a microfiber towel for my hands only, a sport sack, and a ball of climbing chalk.

I've been using the towel and sportsack to keep my hands and the disc dry. Its an effective combo for most situations.

I tried the climbing chalk my last two rounds. Its giving me interesting results. On one hand I've never had this good of a grip on my discs. Changing nothing in regards to my form, using chalk alone added 20' to my drives. The issue is my rip point seems to be 20' further to the right after a heavy application of the chalk. So I'm still messing with it, seeing what works best. right now it seems if I rub some chalk between the pads of my finger, then brush off some of it on my towel, that's perfect.

I'm planning to try out a glove for the first time this year, mainly to preserve my throwing hand but I'm also curious if the additional grip will add distance like the chalk did.

What are you using for a consistent grip when its wet out or you're really sweaty?