Old 02-28-2019, 11:43 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer1025 View Post
The measurements are for what the manufacturers send to me for PDGA approval. If later discs shrink or they make retoolings without sending samples to me for testing, I have no way to check because I don't go to all the ratailers to check what they are selling. If I made a mistake like a typo, I will always correct it if I know to check. Others are welcome to email if think there are actual errors, not just slight variations from the original test values.
Would be nice if the PDGA had regulations if the actual tooling of a mold is changed and the measurement changes by more than maybe lets say for e.g. .1cm (or whatever the PDGA deems significant enough) it should be sent in for re-approval, or at the bare minimum for an update to measurements.

What stops them from making a "tweaked" "new tooling" mold under the same name "Kong" and sending 100 to McBeth and no one else gets an opportunity to have this "tweaked" mold? The whole point of the approval was so many have to be available to public, etc...

Niced: (1)

Last edited by in4d; 02-28-2019 at 11:45 AM.