View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 162 Times in 89 Posts

I'm an newly 40yo fart and have a complaint about us older than 40 crowd:

Yo old guy: just because you can't throw a sidearm more than 199ft doesn't mean you have to expound that throwing a riskier backhand turnover is a better shot. moreover why is your backhand turnover garbage a better shot than a sidearm turnover?!

I say to your OLD MAN "GET OF MY LAWN" LOGIC, "you get of MY LAWN".

I get this a ton because I'm left handed over 40yo and play with a great group of even older gentlemen. When they are throwing their old man 145g starlite terns with Right handed backhand hyzers 300ft and its my turn to throw I'll inevitably get the "you should throw a backhand turnover here" and I scoff and sidearm a left hand hyzer with a fairway driver just as well.

i started playing dg at 37yo and was lucky enough not to be so dependent on what i started throwing (left hand backhand) and slowly learned how sidearm to the point where I can sidearm pretty much as confidently as my backhand. it took a year and a half (to learn proper form) but it got there. turnover putter flick (i can do it!), hyzer putter flick (yup!), 350 distance driver flex (hells yeah), sidearm midrange hyzer approach from 200 (yeah baby).

don't be afraid to learn new things fellow older people! this year I'm learning how to do overhead shots (tomahawks and thumbers). maybe I'll learn how to do distance rollers too.

Niced: (2)