View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 09:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 735 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I just tried a couple of Relays today for the first time and really liked them. On the course I played today they seemed to overlap with my Crave a lot. The Craves I have turn a little more than their ratings for me, and the Relays turned a little less. If I want to go with the Relay I need either a more stable Crave or perhaps a Clash would pair better.
Weird.. My 160g Neutron Crave is really stable compared to both my new 166g N Relays out of the box. That being said my fresh Relays remind me why I loved them.. A year of wear and it will lose that hint of high speed stability that keeps it straight.

That's how the Crave came to my bag.. The light 150 plasma fills the gap to the Relay, the 160 N is straight with a hint of beef on a FH.. The 165 proton Crave is my wind fairway.

As far as a starting point for folks I'd say Relay / Crave for fairways. Unless you know you're a beefcake then just a Crave but even then they're both useful.

Starting point for DD's I'd say Inertia and then figure out which way you want to go from there.