Old 07-09-2020, 03:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 691 Times in 328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
Agreed! It was my first time hearing Philo, and he's a natural. I've watched more Jomez than CCDG in the past, so it was also a nice change hearing Ian naming the discs as they threw them, at least on a more consistent basis. It adds a lot to the spectating experience.
Philo is very good communicator. His commentary was super informative. All his talk about wind swirling, disc angles, pressure in certain moments, and putting form were all great to listen to. You can tell that he's been around the pro game for a very long time.

Ian does a great job of taking a look into the pros' bags to see what they are throwing. Managing to actually remember, too, is pretty impressive.

CCDG excels at the little details. I love the speed gun, distance to pin and drive distance graphics, and the slow-mo's after each hole. It's like getting to do form study in the middle of the round. Keeping the videos closer to 30 min rather than the 45 that Jomez is doing right now is nice, too. I find myself skipping ahead a lot to get through the Jomez vids right now, but CCDG cuts out a lot of the stuff I'd be skipping anyway, so I can just sit back and watch.