Thread: [Recommend] Next step up from a Leopard?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 02:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
How far are you throwing the Leopard now? I see guys in their 50s/60s that throw around 260' so if you aren't there consistently I would say stick with the Leopard. You can't buy distance, at least not any significant distance, unless you have sufficient form/power. Stick with speed 9 and lower if your arm speed is lower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
Found your "tale of the tape" post from earlier. Get those median distances with the mids and fairways up closer to those max distances. Then you'll see a bump up with the speed 9 discs. Basically revisit slowplastic's advice in that thread.
I was around 225-230' with the Leopard a few weeks ago but have since added about 20-30' by changing my grip a little (actually discovered it working on my putting and it translated over nicely to my throws).

Thanks for the help and advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Sidewinder or Roadrunner in a reasonable weight like 165-170g. Likely Gstar so they will be mellow. They'll be much more stable than the light DX Sidewinder you have, but not overstable. Those two discs are the easiest distance out there I think for a 60-70% throw for me, and Gstar has good glide in general. You will likely enjoy Gstar since you like gummy Trilogy plastic.
I appreciate that info! I do love the Lucid plastic...probably one of the reasons I was looking at the River so I could get it in the Gold Line (which I believe is similar to the Lucid).

TripleB