*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,499 Times in 912 Posts

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beable
Your bag and mine are fairly similar, although I didn't get along with the Comet.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on that overstable slot. My D is around yours and for overstable discs I throw either a Wasp or Firebird. Can you actually get anything useful out of a Predator or Firebird? I usually end up just throwing the Wasp, but I feel weird not carrying an overstable driver.
Really I hear the hype around Predators and Firebirds and try to throw one or the other every couple of years. At 300' I get everything I need from a Banshee. I really don't need a Firebird or Predator.

I'm starting to change my tune a bit on the TeeBird, though. I used to use the Banshee for a headwind driver as well as for forehands and such. I think I might have the hang of the TeeBird for drives that I need to make sure don't flip. I still like the Banshee better as a forehand driver, so I might have to carry both. I used to insist that I didn't need a disc between a Cyclone and a Banshee, but the TeeBird is a longer, straighter disc into the wind than a Banshee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave
My X Cyclone literally hurts my hand to grip it, can't stand it at all.
You big baby with your China doll hands. It hasn't hurt my hand a bit. Other than being black it's a nice X Cyclone.