Old 10-06-2020, 04:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 922 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Kings are just wild. I like the distance they give, but I can't control them at all. Once they turn, they almost never come back. At least with a Katana you'll get a good late fade to bring the disc back toward center. I'd say the same about the Destiny as I do the King. Easy to turn and not enough late fade to bring it back.

Blizz Katanas are definitely long. I seldom throw them because they're so erratic. Any sort of wind plays havoc with them. I can do nearly 500' with blizz Katanas, but its seldom straight. If you miss your hyzer angle the disc will flip wildly and go out of the zip code to the right.

IMO blizzard discs aren't a viable on-course option. They're more fun for open field throwing when you want absolute max distance with zero regard for accuracy.
Honestly, I probably won't put any of these discs in my bag on the courses I play the most. A Trespass is as fast as I can controllably handle on narrow courses. But we do have a couple ball golf courses in the area, and when I play there I think an absolute smasher of a disc is worth bagging even if it's a bit unwieldy.