View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 37
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

'99's tornado was larger and longer tracked. This one today traveled almost in the same area that it hit in '99. The difference is that Moore has grown significantly since then. The debris cloud of this tornado was 2 miles wide. Major destruction.

There was a 7-11 on the northeast corner of Little River park that is no longer there. Completely gone. I heard there was at least 3 fatalities in that 7-11.

There was a mini scheduled at that course today but of course that was canceled. The park is normally heavily trafficked by walkers, fishermen, kids that bike through that park and dog walkers. There was a lot of forewarning for this storm but I too hope no one was at the park.

I feel real bad that Sparky has most probably lost the course. I understand he was trying to open a dg store in an empty lot just north of the park as well (I could be wrong though). Doubt that will happen now. The loss of the course, if that's the case, pales in comparison to all of the major damage done to residents, animals and property.

We've survived many tornados and we'll get back up and put the pieces back together again.