Old 09-02-2017, 10:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 273
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,368 Times in 724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
Lots of parks departments add disc golf courses to parks because they are viewed as appropriate for and good use of shared-use space. This we have to live with.

But, that said, I'm not going to have an "educational" conversation with any non-disc golf user on the course save perhaps the soccer mom described previously. Those picnickers I came across in the fairway at Patapsco 1. What was I going to say to them of useful consequence? The guy in Syracuse who liked to use Heritage 7 as a open space to play catch with his dogs. What said to him?

I don't think my success rate in those conversations is going to be over 5%. So why bother?
Point taken. This is why I feel so strongly about signage indicating there's a DG course and to watch for flying discs. It legitimizes us when initiating such conversations. I'm not saying they can't share these areas... simply that they should be made aware of what else they've been designated for. People don't set up picnic blankets on a ball field, because they recognize it... but they just don't recognize when they're on a DG course.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 09-02-2017 at 10:20 AM.