View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 39 Times in 26 Posts

There is a local course that is a giant multi-use park and the disc golf course is mostly in the woods but does come close to a couple of the ball fields. I've seen people walking, running, pushing strollers, walking dogs etc. a lot recently. It's annoying, because before the course was there, it was unused dense woods with no trails in it or anything. A lot of hard work and time went in to making it cleared out enough for some disc golf paths and holes. So seeing oblivious people jogging on it makes me a little upset, because, you can freaking jog ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET lol, I can only disc golf on disc golf courses.

I'm a shy quiet guy and usually don't say anything. Sometimes, if they are right in the way and don't look like they are moving any time soon, I'll just say "This is a disc golf course and I need to throw right where you are standing" I've never had anyone not move.

How do you just nonchalantly walk onto a course and pay no attention to the strange looking yellow baskets in the woods, or the tee signs and pads, or the people throwing things? I mean, how dumb can you be? I don't expect someone to just magically know exactly what is going on, but use some observation skills, and maybe use google on the phone your face is always buried in and figure it out in about 5 seconds.

Pet peeve, if you can't figure it out, is oblivious people.

Niced: (1)