Old 09-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 153 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
Lots of parks departments add disc golf courses to parks because they are viewed as appropriate for and good use of shared-use space. This we have to live with.

But, that said, I'm not going to have an "educational" conversation with any non-disc golf user on the course save perhaps the soccer mom described previously. Those picnickers I came across in the fairway at Patapsco 1. What was I going to say to them of useful consequence? The guy in Syracuse who liked to use Heritage 7 as a open space to play catch with his dogs. What said to him?

I don't think my success rate in those conversations is going to be over 5%. So why bother?
Like JC said, they might not move immediately, but at least they'll be aware. I try to say something like, "Hey, just to let you know, I'm playing some frisbee golf through here. I'm aiming over there, and these things are kinda hard [knock, knock]. There's a lot of people on the course today, and some of them might have pretty bad aim or might not see you before they throw."

Niced: (1)