Thread: [Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 62 Times in 29 Posts

Got a chance to get out and throw some new vibram today, figured I'd share my thoughts. It was cold and windy, so not really the best conditions out. I've used the ridge, vp, and summit a while in the past but nothing else.

Summit: good touch disc, need a bit more time to see how much I can put on it to get the lines I need.

Sole: felt good putting but I couldn't click with it off the tee. The ridge felt much better off the tee to use as a work horse.

VP: didn't seem as over stable as I remember, but the I was using was a 171. Maybe a bit heavier one is what I need.

176m Ibex: nice and straight with a tailwind, flipped hard in 15 mph headwinds. I'll need more work with it but it has potential.

176m Obex: had some of my best shots of the day with it. Wasn't as over stable as I was expecting. Nice and straight with a bit of fade at the end. For me a little less fade than my ti wasp. I easily see this becoming my workhorse mid.

175m Trak: pleasantly surprised with this guy. Faster than I was expecting, super straight. Think a lighter one would work well for turnovers.

170m Ascent: didn't get many clean rips with it but seemed to have a slight turn to it and more fade than the trak. Reminded me of an eagle where the trak was like a tl but faster.

173 Lace: didn't get many shots with it either since I played the short pads today. Threw it with a tailwind a few times and it was super straight. I'd say a little more prone to some high speed turn than my swords with a little less fade. Once I get some more throws with it I think it will be a great accurate max d disc.

Overall I enjoyed tossing them. A meat hook mid and fairway would be awesome to see, and maybe a truly under stable mid and fairway. Medium plastic was just right in the cold, have to go firm in the summer I think.