Old 07-23-2019, 09:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 99 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
I managed to stay away from here and other disc golf media yesterday, so that when I loaded up the final round edited coverage I did not know the outcome.

WOW. So thrilling, it really does change things a lot when you don't know the results.

The final round of the European Open 2019 IS the new high water mark for our sport.

We got the best players, at (one of) the best courses, with (arguably) the best event, the biggest gallery, top notch video and commentary. It all came together perfectly and I was glued to my seat watching it all unfold.

Sexton said it right when he said the gallery sounds different with that many people.

The only small disappointment was that the final few holes didn't have as much drama because of the score separation.

Amazing job to Jussi and all of the organizers of the event, SpinTV and just.. Finland in general.
I learned the hard way to stay away from DG social media when I want to watch post produced/edited rounds from tournaments I am interested in seeing. Had a couple of tournaments ruined by the inevitable *spoilers* getting posted in the past. Not this year

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Chaz58; 07-23-2019 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Left out some words